Thursday, June 21, 2007

Music City Madnesss


I have officially started both of my internships for the summer, and I have to say I was utterly surprised at how fast I would be thrown in the mix of things. My first day at Taillight TV, I spent the morning creating some content for a pitch reel for a new tv show, then after lunch I was running all over picking up the Visual Effects Supervisor for a Phil Vassar video from the airport, running across town to get equipment, and hanging with the Director Peter Zavadil and his DP until I took them back to their hotel. Then I followed that up with my first day at GroundZero Post, where I am now the assistant to the tape room worker Dave, who is a pretty awesome guy, who's voice reminds me of my pal Jake. I was striping tapes, closed captioning a music video, making dubs, and digitizing clips pretty much all day long. Lunch is catered there as well so that was a huge plus. I hung out with some really great guys/ladies along with Director Micheal Merriman. I missed out getting to be on set of the Phil Vassar video, because I was at GroundZero, but I'm sure I will be on many more shoots.

The house is working out well, both of the guys are cool, laid back, and easy going. This central time zone bull crap is making me get up really early, which I'm not complaining about, it's just weird. I take advantage of that by jogging around the block when I first get up. I can use the exercise anyhow. Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound like a very busy man!

Time difference does take a lot of getting used to. The first week of being here I got up at lunch and felt like breakfast, then would feel like lunch at dinnertime. It's also difficult keeping in touch talking over the phone. By the time I get off work at 6pm, it's 9pm by anyone back in Ohio.

My really good friend, whos also a video production major, moved out here immediately after graduation. He's still here, hates it, and wants to move to Nashville as soon as he's done with school here to make country music videos. I thought it sounded very familiar, like someone else I know. You two would get along real well.

Keep updating! I like reading about people's internship experiences. And yours.

L.A Love (and mine too! haha),
Katie Holupka